Thursday, February 3, 2011

Getting Started

Hello All,

Welcome to The Literary Ravager - a review blog for books of all natures.

First, about the name. I originally was going to go with The Literary Devourer, as I devour literature at an incredible rate... but I didn't like the play those words had together. Hence, The Literary Ravager. I will ravage a poorly written story.

No non-fiction.

I will warn you up front - I am not a huge technology sci-fi fan unless the mechanics are well explained. I don't like to be baffled over what I am reading, because I'm not up on the names of missiles or spaceship parts.

My favorite thing to read is fiction, especially with dragons, knights, magic, etc types of themes. I also enjoy a good paranormal read about werewolves, vampires - what have you. I prefer past over modern.

I am willing to review romance, but be warned that I will generally not pick it up of my own volition. If the book is gratuitous on the horndog and shy on the story - I will not hesitate to point that out.

Only FINAL copies of manuscripts should be submitted for review.

If you have read these guidelines and have still convinced yourself that YOUR piece should be in front of MY eyes, I can be contacted at: TLRREVIEW@gmail.com

I accept submissions in Kindle-ready format ONLY.

I _will_ review self-published work, however if it is not of a quality to be read (gratuitous typographical errors, mish-mash plot, serious errors in formatting, et cetera) I will refuse to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. WOW you're so brave to start this blog. I personally have crit partners that take care of this for me--I prefer to have my work decimated in private! LOL Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete